Equine - Infectious Diseases
Started May 29, 2020
Full course description
2021 Webinar Recording - Infectious Disease with Dr. Gilliam.
- Registration tip: Register from a desktop or laptop using an updated Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Respondus or Safari browser.
- If you are registering with an OKEY email address, be sure to LOGIN (upper right corner of the page) to OKEY before registering for a course.
- Trouble enrolling or trouble with Canvas? Please visit our FAQ Page: https://vetmed.okstate.edu/continuing-education/faqs.html
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
For Oklahoma licensees, this course satisfies the 1 hour requirement (CE).
Continuing Education Credits
This course has been approved as CE by the Oklahoma Veterinary Board. To see if this course is acceptable as CE in other states, please visit the state's specific guidelines. Many states accept CE from AVMA accredited veterinary schools. OSU CVM is an AVMA accredited veterinary school.
Note: Captions are auto-generated. Please interpret them with caution, especially where it pertains to medical treatment, medications and dosages. Please contact OSU CVM with any questions.
- 1 hour total.
- This course consists of 1 module which can be completed at your own pace.
- This course must be fully completed during the license renewal period in order to be accepted as continuing education. Courses started in one license renewal period and later finished in the following license renewal period are only accepted in the latter renewal period once fully complete.
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on the Assessments.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.
Equine Infectious Diseases is a 1 CE course for veterinary professionals. This course is based on a previously offered Zoom Webinar, originally offered in the Spring of 2021. If you attended the webinar, do not register for this course. Do not duplicate!
In this module, you will learn about current challenges associated with equine infectious diseases. You will review a video lesson. Students will:
- Explore infectious diseases including equine herpesvirus, strangles and vesicular stomatitis.
- Review various approaches taken when presented with an infectious disease outbreak.
- Examine prevention tactics and treatment strategies.
- Review equine sample collection methods for diagnostic testing.
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine CE office reserves the right to modify courses when necessary. If for any reason, a course or enrollment experience does not meet your expectations, please contact us at email@example.com.
To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund decisions are subject to approval by the CE Director. Please allow 5 business days for a decision to be made and appropriate action to be taken.
Refunds may be subject to an administrative fee.
Courses that reflect course completion are generally non-refundable.
Course Notice: Non-credit courses and Continuing Education Units (CEs or CEUs) do not post to the Oklahoma State official transcript and do not count towards an academic record. CE students do not receive a University ID card and will not be granted access to University facilities such as recreation, transportation, and campus events.
Need help registering or navigating a course? Email: email@example.com or call 405-744-7672.