Full course description
2021 Fall Conference Recording - Managing Abnormal Pupils with Dr. McCool.
- Registration tip: Register from a desktop or laptop using an updated Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Respondus or Safari browser.
- If you are registering with an OKEY email address, be sure to LOGIN (upper right corner of the page) to OKEY before registering for a course.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
- 1 hour total.
- This course consists of 1 module which can be completed at your own pace.
- This course must be fully completed during the license renewal period in order to be accepted as continuing education. Courses started in one liscense renewal period and later finished in the following license renewal period are only accepted in the latter renewal period once fully complete.
Completing the Course
This class was developed from a recording from Fall Conference. If you attended the session at Fall Conference or via webinar, do not register for this course. Do not duplicate!
In this course, students will:
- Students will explain the anatomy of the pupillary light reflex (PLR) and visual pathway and discuss how overlap of these pathways can help with PLR deficit lesion localization.
- Students will learn to diagnose anisocoria and determine which pupil is abnormal.
- Students will be able to formulate a differential list of ophthalmic and neurological etiologies for dyscoric pupil.
- Students will be able to formulate a differential list of ophthalmic and neurologic etiologies for a miotic pupil.
- Students will be able to formulate a differential list of ophthalmic and neurologic etiologies for a mydriatic pupil.
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine CE office reserves the right to modify courses when necessary. If for any reason, a course or enrollment experience does not meet your expectations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a refund, please email email@example.com. Refund decisions are subject to approval by the CE Director. Please allow 5 business days for a decision to be made and appropriate action to be taken.
Refunds may be subject to an administrative fee.
Courses that reflect course completion are generally non-refundable.
Course Notice: Non-credit courses and Continuing Education Units (CEs or CEUs) do not post to the Oklahoma State official transcript and do not count towards an academic record. CE students do not receive a University ID card and will not be granted access to University facilities such as recreation, transportation, and campus events.