Full course description
2021 Fall Conference Recording - Application of Dairy Research for the Beef Cow with Dean Risco.
- Registration tip: Register from a desktop or laptop using an updated Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Respondus or Safari browser.
- If you are registering with an OKEY email address, be sure to LOGIN (upper right corner of the page) to OKEY before registering for a course.
- Trouble enrolling or trouble with Canvas? Please visit our FAQ Page: https://vetmed.okstate.edu/continuing-education/faqs.html
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Continuing Education Credits
This course has been approved as CE by the Oklahoma Veterinary Board. To see if this course is acceptable as CE in other states, please visit the state's specific guidelines. Many states accept CE from AVMA accredited veterinary schools. OSU CVM is an AVMA accredited veterinary school.
- 1 hour total.
- This course consists of 1 module which can be completed at your own pace.
- This course must be fully completed during the license renewal period in order to be accepted as continuing education. Courses started in one license renewal period and later finished in the following license renewal period are only accepted in the latter renewal period once fully complete.
Completing the Course
This class was developed from a recording from Fall Conference. If you attended the session at Fall Conference or via webinar, do not register for this course. Do not duplicate!
In this course, students will:
- Learn about the bovine estrous cycle and physiologic response to estrous synchronization protocols.
- Discuss the advantages of artificial insemination when compared to natural service for dairy and beef cow herds.
- Apply dairy cattle breeding research involving timed artificial insemination to beef cows.
- Consider the application of timed artificial insemination in beef cow herds.
- Debate the economic advantages of incorporating timed artificial insemination into beef herds..
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine CE office reserves the right to modify courses when necessary. If for any reason, a course or enrollment experience does not meet your expectations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a refund, please email email@example.com. Refund decisions are subject to approval by the CE Director. Please allow 5 business days for a decision to be made and appropriate action to be taken.
Refunds may be subject to an administrative fee.
Courses that reflect course completion are generally non-refundable.
Course Notice: Non-credit courses and Continuing Education Units (CEs or CEUs) do not post to the Oklahoma State official transcript and do not count towards an academic record. CE students do not receive a University ID card and will not be granted access to University facilities such as recreation, transportation, and campus events.
Need help registering or navigating a course? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-744-7672.