Full course description
2021 Fall Conference Recording - Management of Septic Arthritis with Dr. Schoonover.
- Registration tip: Register from a desktop or laptop using an updated Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Respondus or Safari browser.
- If you are registering with an OKEY email address, be sure to LOGIN (upper right corner of the page) to OKEY before registering for a course.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
- 1 hour total.
- This course consists of 1 module which can be completed at your own pace.
- This course must be fully completed during the license renewal period in order to be accepted as continuing education. Courses started in one liscense renewal period and later finished in the following license renewal period are only accepted in the latter renewal period once fully complete.
Completing the Course
This class was developed from a recording from Fall Conference. If you attended the session at Fall Conference or via webinar, do not register for this course. Do not duplicate!
In this course, students will:
- Recognize that septic arthritis is a common sequela of neonatal sepsis and can occur in a single joints or multiple joints simultaneously.
- Recall the clinical signs and diagnostics for a presumptive or definitive diagnosis of septic arthritis in the equine neonate.
- Recall the treatment recommendations for septic arthritis in an equine neonate.
- Describe the prognosis for life and future athletic performance for a neonate diagnosed with septic arthritis with and without treatment.
- Formulate an amikacin dosage protocol for a neonatal foal with septic arthritis of a single joint vs. one with septic arthritis of 2-3 joints.
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine CE office reserves the right to modify courses when necessary. If for any reason, a course or enrollment experience does not meet your expectations, please contact us at email@example.com.
To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund decisions are subject to approval by the CE Director. Please allow 5 business days for a decision to be made and appropriate action to be taken.
Refunds may be subject to an administrative fee.
Courses that reflect course completion are generally non-refundable.
Course Notice: Non-credit courses and Continuing Education Units (CEs or CEUs) do not post to the Oklahoma State official transcript and do not count towards an academic record. CE students do not receive a University ID card and will not be granted access to University facilities such as recreation, transportation, and campus events.