Full course description
- Registration tip: Register from a desktop or laptop using an updated Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Respondus or Safari browser.
- If you are registering with an OKEY email address, be sure to LOGIN (upper right corner of the page) to OKEY before registering for a course.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
During this course, the students will learn introductory topics related to anesthesia and pain management in animals – opioids and non-opioid alternatives. Detailed learning outcomes will proceed each lesson.
For Oklahoma licensees, this course satisfies the full 2 hour requirement for the review of CDS laws and/or the Oklahoma Veterinary Practice Act including the 1 hour requirement for DEA registrants.
- 2 hours total.
- This course consists of 4 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- Part 1 - What are Opioids
- Part 2 - What is Pain
- Part 3 - How Do We Assess Pain in Animals
- Part 4 - How Do We Treat Pain Without Opioids
Completing the Course
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine CE office reserves the right to modify courses when necessary. If for any reason, a course or enrollment experience does not meet your expectations, please contact at us firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a refund, please email email@example.com. Refund decisions are subject to approval by the CE Director. Please allow 5 business days for a decision to be made and appropriate action to be taken.
Refunds may be subject to an administrative fee.
Courses that reflect course completion are generally non-refundable.
Course Notice: Non-credit courses and Continuing Education Units (CEs or CEUs) do not post to the Oklahoma State official transcript and do not count towards an academic record. CE students do not receive a University ID card and will not be granted access to University facilities such as recreation, transportation, and campus events.