Full course description
In this module, you will learn about the definition of opioids. You will receive learning outcomes (see below titled "What You Will Learn"), review a lesson, and participate in a learning activity.
What You Will Learn
Following completion of this unit, participants will be able to:
- Determine what makes a substance an alkaloid, semisynthetic, or synthetic opioid
- Recognize the classification of opioids as narcotics
- Understand state and national laws for administering, dispensing, and prescribing opioids
- Identify recovery programs that focus on recovery for veterinary personnel addicted to prescription drugs
- Implement a comprehensive plan for safe and legal handling of prescription opioids
Students will attend a video lecture and participate in a learning activity.
Guidelines and Tips:
Complete each content area before continuing to the next page or subject area.