Full course description
- Registration tip: Register from a desktop or laptop using an updated Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Respondus or Safari browser.
- If you are registering with an OKEY email address, be sure to LOGIN (upper right corner of the page) to OKEY before registering for a course.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
2 sessions recorded at Fall Conference including The Unexplained and the Unknown, Covid-19 with Dr. Burke Healey, and Under the Microscope, Keeping up with the SARS-CoV2 Sciences with Dr. Jennifer Rudd. This course was created from a zoom webinar. Contains dated content.
Continuing Education Credits
This course has been approved as CE by the Oklahoma Veterinary Board. To see if this course is acceptable as CE in other states, please visit the state's specific guidelines. Many states accept CE from AVMA accredited veterinary schools. OSU CVM is an AVMA accredited veterinary school.
- 2 hours total.
- This course has two modules which can be completed at your own pace.
Completing the Course
- Students will understand the role of veterinarians in an unfolding, ongoing pandemic regarding animal production, particularly the swine slaughter backlog in April 2020.
- Students will summarize and reflect on learned lessons from the 2014 -2015 High Path Avian Influenza outbreak to the 2020 Outbreak in NC/SC.
- Students will learn about the role and significance of innovation in American Agriculture.
- Students will differentiate reliable vs. unreliable scientific news and information sources.
- Students will describe the positive impacts and limitations of mask wearing, distancing and other public health measures in relation to COVID-19 as applicable in a practice setting.
- Students will be able to explain the data supporting droplet amd aeroslized routes of transmission.
- Students will discuss current treatment options.
- Students will explain basic processes of vaccine development.
- Students will be able to provide up-to-date client communication regarding Zoonotic potential.
- Students will understand science is a process that is made clearer over time, and sometimes we need to advise based on the most reliable data available.
Please note the course includes dated material. The circumstances surrounding COVID-19 are rapidly changing and evolving. Please verify any content viewed at a later date and keep in mind that things may have changed since the original recording.
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine CE office reserves the right to modify courses when necessary. If for any reason, a course or enrollment experience does not meet your expectations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a refund, please email email@example.com. Refund decisions are subject to approval by the CE Director. Please allow 5 business days for a decision to be made and appropriate action to be taken.
Refunds may be subject to an administrative fee.
Courses that reflect course completion are generally non-refundable.
Course Notice: Non-credit courses and Continuing Education Units (CEs or CEUs) do not post to the Oklahoma State official transcript and do not count towards an academic record. CE students do not receive a University ID card and will not be granted access to University facilities such as recreation, transportation, and campus events.
Need help registering or navigating a course? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-744-7672.