Full course description
2022 Fall Conference Recording - Leadership Value Pack
- Registration tip: Register from a desktop or laptop using an updated Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Respondus or Safari browser.
- If you are registering with an OKEY email address, be sure to LOGIN (upper right corner of the page) to OKEY before registering for a course.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Continuing Education Credits
This course has been approved as CE by the Oklahoma Veterinary Board. To see if this course is acceptable as CE in other states, please visit the state's specific guidelines. Many states accept CE from AVMA accredited veterinary schools. OSU CVM is an AVMA accredited veterinary school.
- 3 hours total.
- This course consists of 3 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- This course must be fully completed during the license renewal period in order to be accepted as continuing education. Courses started in one license renewal period and later finished in the following license renewal period are only accepted in the latter renewal period once fully complete.
Completing the Course
This class was developed from a recording from Fall Conference. If you attended the session at Fall Conference or via webinar, do not register for this course. Do not duplicate!
In this course, students will:
What You Will Learn
- Identify the four pillars of self-leadership
- Recognize which areas are difficult to manage for ourselves
- Position those around us for opportunities in which they can use their strengths
- Understand the 10 “Right” qualities of a leader
- Create an environment for success
- Distinguish between a personal pool and a shared pool of meaning
- Focus on what they really want from a difficult conversation
- Create an objective for their conversation
- Seek mutual purpose for all parties
- Understand the difference between a reaction and a response
- Understand what it means to be a mentor
- Confirm expectations for the mentorship relationship
- See the value of trust and truth-telling for both mentors and mentees
- Use proper questioning techniques to gather valuable information versus making assumptions
- Recognize the importance of the mentor sharing their personal and/or professional journey
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine CE office reserves the right to modify courses when necessary. If for any reason, a course or enrollment experience does not meet your expectations, please contact us at email@example.com.
To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund decisions are subject to approval by the CE Director. Please allow 5 business days for a decision to be made and appropriate action to be taken.
Refunds may be subject to an administrative fee.
Courses that reflect course completion are generally non-refundable.
Course Notice: Non-credit courses and Continuing Education Units (CEs or CEUs) do not post to the Oklahoma State official transcript and do not count towards an academic record. CE students do not receive a University ID card and will not be granted access to University facilities such as recreation, transportation, and campus events.
Need help registering or navigating a course? Email: email@example.com or call 405-744-7672.