2022 Summer Seminar Recording- What's New in Food Animal Medicine with Dr. Gilliam.
- Registration tip: Register from a desktop or laptop using an updated Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Respondus or Safari browser.
- If you are registering with an OKEY email address, be sure to LOGIN (upper right corner of the page) to OKEY before registering for a course.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Continuing Education Credits
This course has been approved as CE by the Oklahoma Veterinary Board. To see if this course is acceptable as CE in other states, please visit the state's specific guidelines. Many states accept CE from AVMA accredited veterinary schools. OSU CVM is an AVMA accredited veterinary school.
- 1 hour total.
- This course consists of 1 module which can be completed at your own pace.
- This course must be fully completed during the license renewal period in order to be accepted as continuing education. Courses started in one liscense renewal period and later finished in the following license renewal period are only accepted in the latter renewal period once fully complete.
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on the Assessments.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.
This class was developed from a recording from Fall Conference. If you attended the session at Fall Conference or via webinar, do not register for this course. Do not duplicate!
In this course, students will:
- Assess the practical application of buffering lidocaine for use in dehorning procedures through review of current research publications
- Consider the use of meloxicam following cesarean section in heifers and the impact to reprodictive performance through review of current reasearch publication.
- Assess the use of xylazine sedation in disbudding calves through review of current research publication.
- Evaluate ivermectin route of administartion on the concentration reaching gastrointenstional nematodes .
- Consider the pharmokinetics of common antibiotics on plasma abd semen of beef bulls.
- Evaluate the use of non-steroidal anti-infamiltory druges at embryo transfer on pregnacy rates in cows.
- Review the effects of farrowing induction prostaglandins on piglet performance.
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine CE office reserves the right to modify courses when necessary. If for any reason, a course or enrollment experience does not meet your expectations, please contact us at email@example.com.
To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund decisions are subject to approval by the CE Director. Please allow 5 business days for a decision to be made and appropriate action to be taken.
Refunds may be subject to an administrative fee.
Courses that reflect course completion are generally non-refundable.
Course Notice: Non-credit courses and Continuing Education Units (CEs or CEUs) do not post to the Oklahoma State official transcript and do not count towards an academic record. CE students do not receive a University ID card and will not be granted access to University facilities such as recreation, transportation, and campus events.
Need help registering or navigating a course? Email: email@example.com or call 405-744-7672.